Barcelona dresses as a major festival in winter thanks to Santa Eulalia, the city’s patron saint. Also known as the Winter Festival, to be celebrated in the central period of the winter season or simply as “La Laia” (one of the ways in which it is also called Santa Eulalia). It is probably the most important popular party in Barcelona after La Mercé.
The tradition and popular culture are the center of the activities that are scheduled during the Fiestas de Santa Eulalia. Both join in each edition with the intention of offering the Barceloneses, as well as anyone who wants to join the celebrations, many activities, events and proposals of interest.
The place chosen to carry out most of the main activities and most representative proposals of the Fiestas de Santa Eulalia is the Plaza de Sant Jaume. Among all the proposals stand out the reading of the traditional proclamation that opens the festivities and that is read from the balcony of the town hall, the impressive exhibition of the Falcons of Barcelona and the traditional folk dances of Catalonia, which take place on a stage set up for the occasion; the awaited exhibition castellera; the lively dance of the popular bestiary of the city during the so-called Protocol of the Eagle and, even, some of the proposals included in the Llum BCN Festival, the festival of urban lighting in Barcelona.
Taxi Festivities of Santa Eulalia in Barcelona
If you want to arrive on time, without setbacks and without worrying about the parking, remember to book your Taxi Santa Eulalia Fiestas, either on the fly or scheduled in advance:
- Book Taxi Fiestas de Santa Eulalia On-line or by phone at 936 936 936 with no minimum time.
- Barcelona Airport Transfer: One of our drivers will be waiting for you at the Airport Terminal with a sign with your name on it. Without any added cost.
- Pick-up taxi service at the hotel and transfer to your hotel.
- Pick-up taxi service anywhere in the city to the hotel.
- Availability of 5-seater taxi and 6-seater taxis.
- You can pay by credit card.
- Taxi service 24 hours.
- 24-hour telephone service.
- Minibus service from 9 to 55 seats. Book now Minibus